You can enjoy fantastic lights all over Tokyo in winter, for example, Marunouchi Illumination in Marunouchi, Midtown Christmas in Roppongi Midtown. And Tokyo Tower[東京タワー] and Tokyo Skytree[東京スカイツリー] are lit up with special and unusual lights.
Midtown Christmas at Roppongi Midtown
Roppongi Hills Artelligent Christmas 2016
Odaiba Illumination "YAKEI"
Tokyo Skytree illuminated with special lighting
(Left: 'Candle Tree' Right:'Champagne Tree')
Kobe Luminarie[神戸ルミナリエ] is the most famous light festival in Japan. That is held every December since 1995 to commemorate the victims of the Great Hanshin Awaji Earthquake[阪神淡路大震災（はんしんあわじだいしんさい）](in 1995).
Kōbe Luminarie video by Kyodo News
In Huis Ten Bosch[ハウステンボス], that is a theme park featuring the Netherlands, in Sasebo[佐世保（させぼ）] City, Nagasaki Prefecture, Light Kingdom[光の王国（ひかりのおうこく）] is held. That is the light event used world's largest number of light bulbs. You can enjoy colorful lights with the town and street like Netherlands.
Light Kingdom at Huis Ten Bosch Video by Huis Ten Bosch Official
The main light events are as follows;
- SENDAI Pageant of Starlight (Sendai City, Miyagi)
- Flower Fantasy at Ashikaga Flower Park (Ashikaga City, Tochigi)
- Winter Illumination at Country Farm Tokyo German Village (Sodegaura City, Chiba)
- Sagamiko Illumillion at Sagamiko Resort Pleasure Forest (Sagamihara City, Kanagawa)
- Illumination of Nabana no Sato (Kuwana City, Mie)
- Kyoto Illumiere (Nantan City, Kyoto)
- Festival of the Lights in OSAKA (Osaka City)
- Winter Fantasy at Sanuki Mannō Park (Mannō Town, Kagawa)